Care Home Support Service Manager, Salary: £35,000 per year
Reporting to the Care Home General Manager, the Support Service Manager will be responsible for delivering site services facilities and associated contracts across the service, ensuring that the service is legal and compliant with all statutory and regulatory requirements.
The successful candidate will ensure all supplies are available to the service including catering, housekeeping, maintenance, and office supplies for a 63 bed care home.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To work closely with the Property Manager and the maintenance and catering teams to ensure that safe working practises are adhered to
- Manage budget through the appropriate liaison with Finance through the company purchase order system.
- Understanding of the principles of Health & Safety. Knowledge of systems and processes i.e. Manual Handling, Infection Control, COSHH, Responsible for the management of COSHH data sheets and ensuring an up-to-date record is kept Fire Safety
- Takes responsibility for a safe working environment for self, colleagues, visitors and the people who use the service
- Evaluate and apply measures to check the safety of equipment
- Identify potential problem areas and take remedial steps
- To control expenses and costs of equipment and resources
- Ensure quality systems are implemented and monitored
- Assist with the implementation and control of risk identification and management
- Degree in Business administration or similar
- Previous experience of managing office services and staff members
- Awareness of Health and Safety processes
- Understands and manages compliance issues relating to running the service to ensure the service is covered at all times
- Effective problem-solving capabilities
- Methodical approach and an empathetic nature.