£80-100K plus extensive benefits package
To be successful in this role:
You will be an experienced and confident Data Engineer who has senior software engineering skills in Scala and Spark or Python and Pyspark. Other Big Data technologies such as Impala and Hive are desirable. Additional skills and experience required for this role include:
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- Experience with workflow/orchestration tools (e.g. Oozie, Control-m, UWQ)
- Excellent technical leadership, teamwork and communication skills, and working with local and remote teams
- Desire to write robust, maintainable & re-usable code with a can-do attitude
- Practical experience of TDD and constant refactoring in continuous integration environment
- Practical experience of delivering good quality code within enterprise scale development (CI/CD)
- Experience or working with an Agile environment
Other desirable (not essential) skills and experience include:
- A good understanding of Hadoop functioning & infrastructure
- Experience in other programming languages, specifically Python
- Experience with Machine Learning Big Data technologies
- Working understanding of Cloud deployment & migration
- BDD, particularly experience of how it can be used to define requirements in a collaborative manner, ensure that the team builds the right thing and create a system of living documentation
The Financial Services business unit of our client is looking to add two new people with the job role of Data Engineer to a large programme of work with one of their key Investment Banking clients.
Job role and responsibilities:
You will be joining a team striving for the highest quality architecture, design and code to develop an extremely challenging big data solution in Banking. You will help to build the bank’s surveillance systems, working in a fast-paced, agile environment. Your workload for new deliveries will be high.
The team uses, Scala / Spark for services, Hadoop Big Data and SQL for data analysis in an agile setup working with global distributed teams. Successful Data Engineers will play a key role in developing advanced analytics practice working on some of the most exciting data analytics projects in the market.
The company is highly regarded within the industry and is one of the largest and most successful independent technology & business services firms in the world.
Alongside a competitive salary, you will have access to an annual bonus plan and share scheme making you a member not just an employee. You will also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.