Care Home General Manager, Salary: £65,000 + benefits
NMC registered Care Home General Manager required for a 42-bed care home in Camberley, Surrey. Caring for individuals that present challenging behaviours related to neuro-degenerative diseases and mental health issues.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the General Manager’s role is to deliver excellence in the day-to-day operational management of the service whilst working with the Senior Management Team to contribute to the delivery of our wider strategic agenda.
- Be responsible for the safe, effective, responsive and well-led clinical operation of the service, taking full ownership and accountability for all aspects of the service provision
- Maintain a high level of occupancy whilst ensuring all current and newly referred individuals are properly assessed and that high quality, person-centred support is provided throughout
- Ensure all regulatory, contractual and company standards are met and where possible, exceeded
- Ensure the team assess, plan, implement and evaluate individual care plans involving other relevant agencies as appropriate
- Lead on infection control, health and safety and other relevant procedures
- Be a contributory member of the company Clinical Governance Group implementing changes and improvements to the whole service
- Adopt a proactive approach to achieving a positive, engaging, promotional and relationship building role with CCGs, Local Authorities, families, and all other stakeholders.
- Registered nurse with current registration with the NMC
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership in Health & Social Care
- A knowledge and understanding of the current legal responsibilities and standards of the service, including the need for the management and delivery of person-centered services
- At least 2 years’ experience with a similar resident group
- At least 3 years of successful team management experience
- Extensive experience of meeting targets and managing budgets