Full time Support Worker required to work 3 nights per week.
We are currently looking for 2 full time Support Workers (36.75 hrs) waking night staff. This would be 3 nights a week 12.25 hrs, 19.45 – 08.00, the rate of pay is £10.50/hr
This position would suit an experienced Support Worker that has previously or currently working within a Mental Health care home setting. We want to hear from experienced carers that want to be part of a quality care team and can contribute to making a real difference to peoples lives.
If you have not completed or not working towards your NVQ in Health & Social Care, that’s not a problem. This can be arranged, in fact they encourage it.
Although no experience is required, residents have severe and enduring mental health needs and cognitive challenges it advisory that prospective employees feel comfortable around them. Full Training & support will be provided. Our client believes attitude and understanding is more important and have a very experienced staff team who would support and guide all new recruits.
About Us / The Client:
Acumen Staffing act as an external recruiter on behalf of our client who has a residential care home providing accommodation and personal care. It is registered to accommodate up to 18 people with mental health needs. The service accommodates both older and younger people.
Support Worker Requirements:
- Care Home experience is preferred but not essential
- NVQ Level 2 in health and social care or willing to work towards this
- Caring nature is a prerequisite
- Positive attitude is a must
- Work well as part of a team is essential
- Good communication skills are essentialKey areas of responsibilities include:
- Assist the Shift Leader and/or Management Team with the compilation of individual resident support plans and risk assessments.
- Lead the shift as and when nominated.
- Ensure that the care and support delivered is in accordance with the individual resident’s negotiated support plan as directed by the Shift Leader or Registered Manager.
- Ensure accurate record keeping in residents’ daily notes.
- Administer, store, audit and order medication as instructed by the Shift Leader or Registered Manager and in accordance with current policy.
- Assist residents with practical development such as budgeting, shopping, cooking, housework, laundry, health and personal hygiene as directed.
What we can offer:
- Starting salary of £10.50 per hour (36.75 hours per week)
- Free parking
- Double pay on Xmas day, Boxing Day and New Year’s day
- Free meals and drinks whilst on duty
- Work towards your NVQ Health & Social Care