The Role of Support Worker:
- Ensure that service user rights are protected.
- Maintain the hygiene, dignity, health and safety of service users at all times.
- Assist service users individually as required to support them with daily routines and activities.
- Observing service users ensuring a safe environment, protecting them from harm.
- Encourage a model of self-care and service user rehabilitation.
- Systematically solve day-to-day basic problematic issues which arise.
- Work in cooperation with members of multi-disciplinary health teams so as to maximise opportunities for service user therapeutic care.
- Assist in the design and administration of an evaluation of the care standards and care service provision.
- If applicable, assist in the administration of medication.
Requirements to be considered:
- Someone who has a real passion for caring and helping people
- Ideally 6-months experience of working in a similar, mental health, setting
- Flexible in their approach to work
- Ability to work on shift/rota pattern
- Good written and verbal communication
- NVQ Level 2, or equiv., in Health & Social Care.