Senior Care Assistant
The vacancy is subject to a ‘Welcome Bonus’. The successful applicant will receive a one-off payment of £1,500 on completion of six-month probation.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Care Assistant in Darlington.
The key duties of this role will include:
- Supervision of allocated Residential Support Workers to implement the daily operational needs of a safe residential house whilst ensuring there is a high quality of care in a homely environment and appropriate levels of supervision for the young people in residence.
- Input into the preparation and implementation of PBS plans of the young people and their progress reports, keeping accurate and high quality records.
- To be line manager for a number of Residential Support Workers, providing induction, training and formal supervision for residential support workers in their team.
We would be keen to hear from applicants with:
- A QCF level 3 in Care or equivalent qualifications and a supervisory/ team leading qualification and experience of first line management is desirable.
- Ideally, you will be an experienced support worker who has worked in a residential setting and/ or worked with children and young people with challenging behaviours.
- You may be required to provide personal care, therefore it would be beneficial for you to have experience of this as well as medication handling experience.
- You will have excellent communication skills, as well as experience of report writing and record keeping.
In return, you will receive the following Salary & Benefits:
- 33-38 days annual leave (including bank holidays) increasing with length of service
- Free lunches during term time
- Free onsite parking
- A comprehensive induction enabling you to completely experience the crafts within the curriculum and experience the student journey
- Company Pension Scheme
- Enhanced family friendly procedures
- Salary Range: £21,524.99 – £23,273.93 per annum including a market supplement.
- Sleep-ins paid an extra £78.48 per night. This equates to approximately £3,500 additional payment when working 1 sleep-inshift per week.
- 40 hours per week for 52 weeks per year
From 11 November 2021, it is a mandatory requirement that anyone who works inside a Care Quality Commission (CQC) registered care home in England must be fully vaccinated against coronavirus (COVID-19), unless they are exempt under the regulations. Therefore this role is only available for those who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or those who are exempt.