Waking Night Care Assistant
3 Nights per week @ £10.50 per hour
Our client is a residential care home providing accommodation and personal care. It is registered to accommodate up to 18 people with mental health needs. The service accommodates both older and younger people.
We are looking for:
We are currently looking for a full time Care Assistant (36.75 hrs) waking night staff. This would be 3 nights a week 12.25 hrs, 19.45 – 08.00, the rate of pay is £10.50/hr.
Although no experience is required, residents have severe and enduring mental health needs and cognitive challenges it advisory that prospective employees feel comfortable around them. Full Training & support will be provided. Our client believes attitude and understanding is more important and have a very experienced staff team who would support and guide all new recruits.
Key areas of responsibilities include:
Assist the Shift Leader and/or Management Team with the compilation of individual resident support plans and risk assessments.
- Lead the shift as and when nominated.
- Ensure that the care and support delivered is in accordance with the individual resident’s negotiated support plan as directed by the Shift Leader or Registered Manager.
- Ensure accurate record keeping in residents’ daily notes.
- Administer, store, audit and order medication as instructed by the Shift Leader or Registered Manager and in accordance with current policy.
- Assist residents with practical development such as budgeting, shopping, cooking, housework, laundry, health and personal hygiene as directed.
- Liaise with social services and other statutory and voluntary agencies on behalf of residents as directed.
- Liaise with colleges and training providers where appropriate to develop recreational and educational outlets for the residents outside of High Oaks as directed.
- Encourage and assist residents in social and leisure activities and to be part of the local community.
- Participate in and assist residents in activities and group sessions within and outside the home.
- Participate in residents’ meetings as relevant.
What we can offer:
- Free parking
- Double pay on Xmas day, Boxing Day and New Year’s day
- Free meals and drinks whilst on duty
- NVQ Health & Social Care